I’m slow posting but I will be co-presenting with Jake Spurlock at the WordPress Meetup on Wed. October 14th. You can find the details below.
Well, it has been a while, but we are going to hold another WordPress meetup in two weeks. For those that haven’t been before, the format is pretty simple:
- Show up
- Couple quick presentations
- Share problems
- Bask in a sense of childlike wonder about the intricacies of WordPress
- Go home a better individual then you were before.
All corny jokes aside, these meetups are a great way to meet fellow bloggers, designers, developers, and social media types from the area.
At the October event, we are going to have a loose format where anyone can take the podium. If you have something that you would like to share, please leave a comment here proposing a 5-10 minute presentation. Proposed topics currently include:
Myself & Tyrel Kelsey: WordPress theme developement
Thom Allen: WordPress Backup and Recovery
Ash Buckles: WordPress SEO (Plugins/Permalinks/etc.)
Nate Bagley: WordPress in use for UVU school newspaper
Thanks to Ash, we are having the event at the newly minted SEO.com. We have room for about sixty people, so tell your friends to come too.
- When: Wednesday Oct. 14 from 7-9 p.m.
- Where: 14870 S. Pony Express Road Ste. 100, just off Interstate 15 at the Draper/Bluffdale exit near the point of the mountain.
- What to bring: Bring your questions, your problems, something to share intellectually, and something on a plate to share physically. (i.e something delicious, perhaps cookies, crackers, seven-layer dip, etc.)
Please leave a comment here if you plan on coming so we can get a general count of who is going to be there.
Rebloged from http://jakespurlock.com/2009/10/wordpress-meetup-october-14th/